When we succeed, our members benefit
Security is one of our top priorities
- We have appointed 4 security managers for 24/7 service.
- We patrol the neighbourhood.
- We’ve negotiated with 7 security companies to patrol our neighbourhood with dedicated vehicles.
- We respond to security emergencies.
- We respond to medical emergencies.
- We are part of the Community Policing Forum and patrols.
- FNA, Police and security companies communicate via the FICH-Net radio network.
- We monitor street picker activities on Thursdays.
Members can depend on us for service delivery
- We cut grass in places where it poses a security risk (e.g. next to railway line)
- We report and monitor sewage drain blockages
- We report and monitor faulty streetlights
- We report and monitor water leaks
- We monitor and address illegal advertising
- We arrange regular recycling event
The FNA often has to step in where the municipality steps out. We have brought on-board some great service providers to help our neighbourhood:
- Raubex repairs our potholes.
- Horak Enterprises services all 27 of our parks and all 91 traffic islands.
- Waste Retrievers removes illegal dumping and services garbage drums in parks.
We have the most dedicated staff members
Our staff members negotiate on behalf of members for better prices from security companies and Mooirivier Brokers. We’ve even negotiated for a R100 discount for members from Drain Busters.
We interact with various MMM departments to ensure service delivery of/for water, electricity, parks and law enforcement.
We also communicate with BloemWater as water suppliers and with the South African Police Services.
The core team:
- A General Manager to oversee our beautiful neighbourhood
- A full-time administrator to assist with any queries and day to day matters
- Four security managers to oversee safety in Fichardt Park
- Two marketing agents to promote the organisation and enroll residents as members
- A part-time social media and communications manager to keep members updated
FICH-Net radio network
- We have 400 radios in our network.
- We supplied 4 schools with radios for the safety of our kids.
- We supplied 3 radios for Car Park Attendants at Pick ’n Pay for safe shopping.
- We supplied 2 radios for Life Rose Park Hospital for security.
Our publications and lectures
- Monthly newsletter
- Quarterly magazine
- Lectures and meetings on relevant matters